Top 5 Benefits to Having MDM on Employee Devices
By Paul Fitzgerald for America's Backbone Weekly
Why is a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution beneficial to a company for its employee devices? Increasingly, business operators want to manage the use of the personal devices their employees bring to work. The desire to use MDMs is fueled by a need to streamline internal communications, leading to better turnaround time and overall customer service.
According to a report by the research firm Ovum, fully 70% of your employees have devices that allow them to have access to your company's data. Having a product in place that coordinates and manages the flow and access to sensitive information makes sense. Enter MDM solutions that can organize what otherwise might be unwieldy and disparate technology run amuck.
Following is a listing of the top five benefits to having an MDM system in place for your business:
- Security. In today's world, knowledge is power and you do not want to see your hard-won business advantage go to a competitor through intentional or unintentional data transfer via employee devices. MDM systems can block attempts by external entities to gain access to those devices while also adding passwords, erasing data from devices that are stolen or lost and alerting you to the presence of jailbroken or rooted devices (a device hack that provides users with unrestricted access to device software). Voice security and secure cloud storage are also outcomes of effective MDM systems.
- Updating apps for information consistency. Your company routinely acquires new information that becomes the basis for important decisions and how business is conducted on an hour-by-hour timeframe. Having an MDM system creates the ability to insert new mobile apps that have a bearing on your employees' effectiveness. This is a great feature in the context of mobile office solutions because common reference points between operators and employees can be expedited. This means everyone can be more readily on the same page.
- It's a cost-cutting system. This is a crucial consideration in the age of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) workplaces. Before MDM software, a key cost determinant was the differing array of devices that were served by many providers. This occasioned a need to invest in individual solutions to information and security concerns. That's no longer the case. You can save a bucket-load of cash in a system that brings everything under one umbrella.
- Decrease in anxiety. MDMs create awareness of how your employees' devices are being used during work hours. This is comforting because it means that time wastage can be held to a minimum and predictability is returned to daily work plans. Additionally, this system can assist your IT department in troubleshooting common problems as they arise, rather than dealing with a flood of separate problems at the same time.
- Productivity. By implementing an MDM system, business operators can create a more harmonious work environment by giving employees total discretion and choice as to which device they work with while on the job. Basic human psychology suggests that employees are happier using their device of choice and more productive, holding the overall objectives of the company closer while carrying out their work.
Mobile devices were once the sole domain of executives, upper management and your sales force. Now, a mobile workforce in your company is unthinkable without practically everyone having access to mobile devices. This fundamental strategic advantage enables you to implement plans that will improve your bottom line, bolster security and positively alter the overall complexion and composition of your company's practices.
Copyright (c) 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.