Oclaro Samples 400G CFP8 PAM4-Enabled Transceiver; Showcases Live Demo at OFC 2017
- 4x Increase in bandwidth and low cost per Gbps enables data centers, network operators and service providers to rapidly move to higher-performing 400G networks- Demonstrates Oclaro's ability to ...
March 20, 2017 --
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), a leading provider and innovator of optical communications solutions, today announced sampling of its 400G CFP8 transceiver for core routers/transport applications. Delivering 4x more bandwidth than existing 100G CFPx solutions in a small and compact footprint, the CFP8 leverages Oclaro's superior EML laser and receiver technology to deliver higher data rates between high-end routers and optical transport systems. Oclaro will be showcasing a live demo of the CFP8 operating with 8 lasers at 50G PAM4 at this week's OFC in the Oclaro booth #2747.
"By leveraging our PAM4-compatible laser technology with our wide-receiver bandwidth capability, we've been able to quadruple bandwidth in the CFP8, while still maintaining the same size as a 100G CFP2 solution," said Yves LeMaitre, President of Oclaro's Optical Connectivity Business Unit. "This is a significant achievement that will trigger the widespread deployment of high-bandwidth 400G optical interfaces based on PAM4 that can address the bandwidth constraints faced by data centers globally today."
About the CFP8 Transceiver
Featuring a small 40mm x 102mm x 9.5mm form factor, Oclaro's 400G CFP8 transceiver provides customers with a dense-port and high-throughput solution. The CFP8 leverages Oclaro's proven technology from its earlier CFP, CFP2 and CFP4 designs to provide high quality and high performance. This includes its best-in-class cooled 1310nm 28Gbps EA-DFB laser technology, integrated TOSA and ROSA, and 28Gbps 4 channel integrated PIN-PD array. Additional features of the Oclaro CFP8 transceiver include the following:
- Compliant with 400GBASE-LR8 optical and 400GAUI-16 electrical interface specifications that are under final standardization by the IEEE 802.3bs task force.
- Superior EML laser technology allowing good margin over IEEE 400GbE optical specifications.
- Higher receiver bandwidth capability to interface with different lasers.
- Supports the newly released CFP8 Hardware Specification by the CFP MSA Group for reach up to 2km and 10km.
- Provides better overall system performance, assurance of data transmission and interoperability.
- Vertically integrated EML and PIN technologies that ensure a high-quality, highly reliable product from a trusted supplier.
The Oclaro CFP8 is sampling today with volume production expected in the second half of 2017.
Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), is a leader in optical components and modules for the long-haul, metro and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation and photonics integration, Oclaro provides differentiated solutions for optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, application virtualization and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications. For more information, visit www.oclaro.com or follow on Twitter at @OclaroInc.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved. Oclaro, the Oclaro logo, and certain other Oclaro trademarks and logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Oclaro, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information in this release is subject to change without notice.
Media Contact Info:
Tanis Communications, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oclaro-samples-400g-cfp8-pam4-enabled-transceiver-showcases-live-demo-at-ofc-2017-300425943.html
SOURCE Oclaro, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved