Oclaro Moves Networks Towards 1Tb and Beyond With Powerful Suite of Products at OFC 2018
Innovations in Performance, Size, Density and Power Consumption Achieved Through Oclaro's Superior Laser and Indium Phosphide Technology
March 13, 2018 --
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), a leading provider and innovator of optical communications solutions, today announced a powerful suite of products and demos being highlighted at OFC 2018. Capable of driving network speeds up to 1Tb and beyond, these components and modules include 400 and 600 Gbps coherent optics, CFP2-digital coherent optical (DCO) modules, and the latest intra-data center modules employing Electro-absorption Modulator Lasers (EMLs) and PAM4 integrated circuits. The company also announced plans to expand its current portfolio of laser die to include its world-class EMLs that are in high demand for high-speed interconnect applications today.
"Innovation through our core Indium Phosphide technology is key to delivering the higher-speed networks needed to achieve 1Tb and beyond," said Adam Carter, Chief Commercial Officer for Oclaro. "Oclaro is constantly driving new advances that increase density, improve performance and lower power consumption. Our OFC line-up demonstrates our success in all of those critical areas."
Key Demos at OFC
Following are some of the key demos Oclaro will be featuring in its OFC booth #2812.
- 400 Gbps components: Oclaro will showcase its high-bandwidth components operating at 400 Gbps with 16QAM constellation at 64GBaud. This will include NLW lasers in conjunction with a single channel, Lithium Niobate Modulator and a 64GBaud Integrated Coherent Receiver (ICR). The demonstration will show the recovered constellation at the receiver as well as the optical spectrum at the transmitter spectrum validating the operation at 400 Gbps.
- 1.2Tb in-feed components: Features an Integrated Coherent Transmitter (ICT) operating at 600 Gbps with a 64QAM constellation at 64GBaud.
- 400 Gbps FR4 module: Features a 400 Gbps QSFP56 DD module containing an Oclaro 53GBaud transmitter and reciever optical sub assemblies (TOSA and ROSA) and a gearbox IC to convert between 8x50G PAM4 electrical host signals and 4x100G PAM4 optical line side signals. The demonstration highlights progress being made towards the realization of 400 Gbps single-mode client side modules for the hyperscale data center.
- Live 100 Gbps PAM4 optical transmission: Demonstration of a 100 Gbps PAM4 optical link using one lane of Oclaro's 4x 53Gbaud transmitter and optical sub-assemblies capable of 400 Gbps optical transmission.
Oclaro Speaking Engagements and Technical Papers
As a recognized authority in the industry, Oclaro is speaking on a number of industry panels and also presenting two technical papers at OFC 2018.
Market Watch Panel VI: IP and Optical Integration: Physical or Control/Management Plane?
- Title: IP Optical Integration
- Oclaro Speaker: Adam Carter, Chief Commercial Officer
- Date/Time: Thursday, March 15th, 12:30 – 2:00 pm
- Location: Theater I
Short Course SC462
- Title: Introduction to Pluggable Optics
- Oclaro Speaker: Sharon Hall, Director of North American Marketing
- Date/Time: Sunday, March 11th, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Location: Room 28CD
- Title: 400G Optics for Hyperscale Data Centers
- Oclaro Speaker: Kohichi Tamura, Oclaro Japan
- Date/Time: Monday, March 12th, 10:30 – 12:30 pm
- Location: Room 7AB
Technical Paper Presentation
- Title: Application of Tomlinson-Harashima Precoding (THP) for Short-Reach Band-Limited Nyquist PAM and Faster-Than-Nyquist PAM Signaling
- Oclaro Author: Takayoshi Fukui, Oclaro Japan
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 14th, 8:15 – 8:30 am
- Location: Room 9
Technical Paper Presentation
- Title: Superior BER Transmission of 106-Gb/s/lane Skewless PAM4 over 10km by Utilizing 1.3-um Directly Modulated InGaAlAs-MQW BH Lasers and Incoherent Multiplexing of Two NRZ Signals
- Presenter/Authors: Kouji Nakahara, Takeshi Kitatani, Takayoshi Fukui, Kaoru Okamoto, Yasushi Sakuma, Kohichi R. Tamura and Shigehisa Tanaka, Oclaro Japan
- Date/Time: Thursday, March 15th, 3:15-3:30 pm
- Location: Room 6C
Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), is a leader in optical components and modules for the long-haul, metro and data center markets. Leveraging more than three decades of laser technology innovation and photonics integration, Oclaro provides differentiated solutions for optical networks and high-speed interconnects driving the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, application virtualization and other bandwidth-intensive and high-speed applications. For more information, visit www.oclaro.com or follow on Twitter at @OclaroInc.
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. Oclaro, the Oclaro logo, and certain other Oclaro trademarks and logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Oclaro, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information in this release is subject to change without notice.
Media Contact Info:
Tanis Communications, Inc.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oclaro-moves-networks-towards-1tb-and-beyond-with-powerful-suite-of-products-at-ofc-2018-300612846.html
SOURCE Oclaro, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved