Increasing research and development activities for production of advanced and efficient greenhouse films are driving the greenhouse film market.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Jan. 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global greenhouse film market is projected to reach a value of USD 13.15 Billion by 2027, according to a current analysis by Emergen Research. Market growth can be attributed to increasing research and development activities to produce advanced and efficient greenhouse films. Stringent government regulations regarding the impact of greenhouse films on water and crop quality and the overall cost of materials result in increased R&D activities and the adoption of sustainable agricultural practices.
Growing preference of consumers for fresh produce is driving the need for advanced crop protection solutions and increased production. Increasing utilization of polyethylene for manufacturing greenhouse films, led by its durability and energy efficiency, contributes to the market growth of greenhouse films. The rising necessity to reduce environmental contaminants and fog caused by condensation of interior moisture is driving the demand for polyethylene-based greenhouse films.
Get your FREE Sample Copy with TOC of the Report to understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample-form/432
Plastic greenhouses are susceptible to degradation caused by dust and pollution and have a relatively short lifespan of about 2 to 3 years, unlike glasshouses and greenhouses made of polycarbonate sheets. Moreover, the high installation cost of greenhouse films is restraining the market.
Key Highlights of Report
- In July 2020, Solvay and UbiQD entered into a partnership in order to promote the latter’s line of greenhouse films called UbiGro. The quantum dot powered fluorescent greenhouse covers of UbiQD, which boosts greenhouse productivity by 20%, is expected to receive support from the partnership. The partnership is expected to enhance the productivity of the greenhouse films and help the UbiQD get potential customers with the support of Solvay’s greenhouse film additive expertise.
- The low-density polyethylene (LDPE) segment held the largest market share of 50.8% in 2019. Resistance to moisture, chemicals, and temperature offered by low-density polyethylene is estimated to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- The 150 to 200 microns segment is anticipated to expand at the most rapid CAGR of 10.7% during the projected period. The greenhouse films with thickness ranging from 150 to 200 microns allow transmission of light, are resistant to UV light exposure and protect crops from weather conditions and pests. These features boost segment growth.
- The Asia Pacific market is predicted to widen at the most rapid rate during the projected period. Presence of severe climatic conditions and limited water supply in the region is driving utilization of greenhouse films in the agriculture sector, as they ensure adequate watering and provide protection to crops from severe weather conditions.
- Key market participants include Plastika Kritis S.A., Armando Álvarez Group, Ginegar Plastic Products Ltd., RKW Group, POLIFILM EXTRUSION GmbH, Berry Global, Inc., Agriplast Tech India Pvt Ltd, GROUPE BARBIER, A.A. Politiv Ltd., and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
ORDER NOW (Customized Report Delivered as per Your Specific Requirement)@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/432
Emergen Research has segmented the global greenhouse film market on the basis of resin type, thickness, and region:
- Resin Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Linear Low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Thickness Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- 80 to 150 Microns
- 150 to 200 Microns
- More than 200 Microns
Click on the link to read key highlights of the report and look at projected trends for years to come: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/greenhouse-film-market
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
Take a Look at our Related Reports:
Spherical graphite market size was valued at USD 2,435.8 Million in 2019 and is forecasted to reach USD 9,598.8 Million by 2027 at a CAGR of 18.6%. The spherical graphite market is observing a double-digit growth attributed to its increasing usage in lithium-ion battery production.
Sodium dichromate market size was valued at USD 759.2 Million in 2019 and is forecasted to reach USD 1,242.4 Million by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.3%. The sodium dichromate market is observing high demand attributed to its increasing application in pigment, metal finishing, chromium compounds preparation, leather tanning, and wood preservative.
Acoustic insulation market size was valued at USD 12.94 Billion in 2019 and is forecasted to reach USD 19.64 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 5.3%. The acoustic insulation market is observing high demand attributed to its increasing application in building & construction, automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing.
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Read Full Press Release@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-greenhouse-film-market